Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Maryland Crab Cakes

So i'm a bit behind, haven't been able to post in awhile so bear with me as I do a few posts to catch up.


Maryland Crab Cakes

1 large egg
2½ tablespoons mayonnaise
 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup finely diced celery (you’ll need one stalk)
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1 pound lump crab meat (I cheated and used 3 cans)
½ cup breadcrumbs
oil


Combine the egg, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, Old Bay, salt, celery, and parsley in a large bowl and mix well. Add the crab meat and bread crumbs. gently fold mixture together until just combined, being careful not to shred the crab meat.


If you want them to hold together better place onto baking sheet covered in foil and put in fridge for 1 hour. I skipped this and they help up fine.

Place crab cakes in pan with oil on medium heat for 3-5 minutes per side until golden brown. I served them with tartar that I make from scratch.

Take finely chopped onion, sweet pickles, and add mayo and lemon juice to taste.





Original recipe found here






No comments:

Post a Comment